Thursday, January 31, 2013

Warm fuzzies!

I don't know what the weather has been like where you are, but up here in Michigan it has been wild. Last year we had a really warm winter, which does sound nice in theory. The problem was that the fruit trees warmed up too early, and bloomed while the bees were still asleep, or the blossoms were damaged with the frost that followed. We have a small apple orchard on the property and of the 10 or so trees there was only *one* apple.  I then began to appreciate a real winter. I am trying to hold on to that now that it is here again, and so cold.  Last week we had temperatures well below normal with windchills down around negative 20. This week we had temperatures soar into the mid fifties just long enough to cause an icy muddy mess that prevented school buses from being able to run the dirt roads. It also rained a LOT those couple days, causing flooding. The fog from the melting snow was so thick you could hardly see 100 feet from you. Yesterday was 54 degrees and today it is around 20 with the windchill making it feel like single digits again. Those are some crazy temperature shifts! I had to lock the ponies in the barn yesterday and last night to keep them dry so they did not freeze when the temps plummeted. Suffice to say, I am very eager for spring to finally arrive. Two more months of this. Blah!

I was talking with some friends about the cold this morning on FB, and mentioned needing coffee for the warmth and pick me up to get me going. I don't think I need it now though! Earlier this week I removed the Reece's Rainbow FSP donation link from the blog because of some virus stuff going on at the site. When I took it down, our FSP was at $10. When I put it back up today, imagine my surprise when it had jumped $200!! THANK YOU to who ever made that happen. What a wonderful surprise. I also want to thank those who have given privately through our Paypal link, or written emails offering prayer. Every bit of it is so appreciated.  Thank you!


And just because I love to share, here are warm fuzzies for everyone. ;) There are days I wish I could grow a fur coat like this... but then I don't think my hubby would be too impressed if I tried! 






**Fuzzy Pony Love**

(ok one more because I can't help myself..)