Saturday, December 8, 2012

Plugging along!!

There is only one more day left on our fundraising auction on FB and lots of stuff still with no bids.  I would really love it to all move to more appreciative homes! Can you share our page just one final time? Perhaps there is an album or an item that you think someone on your friends list might be interested in. Could you share it with them? https://www.facebook.com/TheKrollClutterClearOut Remember that you get an entry into the give-away for every person that Likes our page and tells us who sent them! So far *no one* has done it, so everyone has just the one entry. The give-away for the Chicken Raggy Wall Hanging ends on Dec 24th. I have edited the # of entries you get for adding $ to our chip-in as well!!! The winner should get it in the mail just in time to have it take the place of the Christmas decor as it comes down for the year.

I have mentioned a few times how I hoped to raise a large chunk of the money we need through art sales. Some of you may not know what kind of art I do (beyond the crafty sewing stuff), so I thought I would post a link to my FB studio page. I have a piece I am working on right now that I hope will help get us a bit closer to our first goal. Here is a picture of it so far.


There is still a lot of work to do plus she still needs her mane and tail added. Those will be done in natural mohair fibers. The effect is very realistic and beautiful. Often times when I get them photographed outdoors with a good background, it will look like it was a real horse. That is the effect I am after. Here are a few I have done in the past. 


Here are a few more of my favorites. 





The one that I am working on right now is much smaller than any of the others that I have done with mohair. I am sure it will be quite the challenge! I do paint and sculpt them with sculpted manes and tails as well. They are simpler but the effect is just not the same. 


So that's what I am up to! Painting, sewing, drawing, sculpting, and decluttering to bring our little one home!