Saturday, November 17, 2012

A few inspiring books

I absolutely love to read.  But generally not fiction like most people. I want to be learning something on a constant basis. So that being said I have a bit of an addiction to books. While reading a few other blogs a couple of weeks ago I stumbled upon a few more I wanted to add to my stack of books to read. One of them was 'A Sane Woman's Guide to Raising a Large Family'. What a BLESSING this book is. I cannot get enough of it. I do think it could be named 'A Sane Person's Guide to Raising Any Size Family'. This is really a great book for anyone who finds their self frazzled a midst life with littles.

The other book that I have been completely in love with is 'The Connected Child'. This one is written to address discipline and attachment in adopted children but I think that a lot of it could be tailored towards those who are caregivers, nannies, or even parents of home grown kids. I have a hard time putting it down at night, and I am sure I will be rereading it a few times.