Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Decluttering with a Cause!

We have too much *stuff*, and need money to start the adoption process, so in order to solve both of these problems at one time, we have having an ongoing auction on Facebook!  LOTS more stuff to come. I just have a lot of things going on so I don't always have time to add new things. I will add them in batches as I get a chance. So far we have an album of collectibles and an album of really cute little boy/neutral clothing and a scrapbook. The next album going up will probably be jewelry, but it won't happen until we have 50 likes! So share the page with your friends! :) We also have our Amazon associate shopping link there as well.

My kids are so committed to helping get this money going. They know how important this is, and want to be involved. My eldest daughter (15) is going to go through her stuff this week to see if she has anything that could go in the auction. The three youngest were experimenting with my craft paper to see what they could make and sell. I have explained to them all that Christmas is going to be a lot simpler here this year. We are doing largely homemade gifts for our children (aren't those the things they treasure most anyway?), and spending much less. I have already told my friends that we won't be doing much shopping this year, and to not expect much. And if they really want to give a gift to us, to just donate to our adoption fund as that was the only thing I wanted this year.

My wonderful hubby wants to share with everyone about the little one we are hoping to adopt and the sooner we have this money raised the sooner he can do so!