Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thoughts for Thursday, and It's National Adoption Month!

I keep a picture of one of the Reece's Rainbow kids on my phone as the wallpaper, and pray for him throughout the day. Yesterday someone saw his picture and asked who's child he was. I replied that he was no one's, and a quizzical look came over their face. They asked again, explaining that it had to be someone's child. Again, I said it really was no one's child, and my heart broke. He is God's child, but he has no earthly family to love him. No one to tuck him in at night or sing silly songs to him. No one to explore the great outdoors with, or buy him the goofiest Halloween costume possible. No one to show him the love of the Creator. Oh how my heart aches for him. I wish we could be those someones.

On a more positive note, Reece's Rainbow won $10,000 in the Cultivate Wine's big giveaway today! One thousand dollars will be going into the grant funds of 10 children!! To see the kids that will benefit from the money, click here.  Also the 2012 Angel Tree list is up and the giving has begun! Each child has a Warrior that will rally for them and attempt to raise $1000 over the next 2 months for their AT child's grant fund. It also gives these kids greater exposure to help find them families. To see the Angel Tree kids, go here. Please share the list with others! I am not an official AT warrior but I encourage everyone to check out Emmitt, Wilson, and Elliot. These 3 boys are on my prayer list. I would LOVE for them to find their families by the end of 2012! Emmitt especially as he is nearing the age when he will no longer be able to be adopted into the USA (16 yrs is the cut off). He will be 15 in Jan. 

And one last thing.. it is National Adoption month!! Yay!