Saturday, November 24, 2012

Yay, here we go!

We are picking up a little momentum now with our auctions. Everything that has a bid will sell Sunday at midnight! What ever doesn't will be available for bids for the next week since we are still gaining exposure. There are plenty of things with low or no bids yet. They would make great Christmas or baby shower gifts too! Check out our auction at https://www.facebook.com/TheKrollClutterClearOut.

I have heard a bit of negativity surrounding Black Friday shopping. I think that is unfortunate as many of us that pinch pennies are shopping the super sales in order to save money, not just accumulate more 'stuff'. I went to Joann Fabrics yesterday and got $300 worth of quilt fabric and supplies for a mere $80. That was almost 28 yards of fabric!! Lovely soft cozy flannel and fleece to make some super cute kids quilts to sell for our fundraiser. I am so excited about it, I can hardly wait to get going on them. I have some fabrics for girls and some for boys. I also got ribbon so I can make taggy blankets out of the smaller pieces. If anyone has any size or color combos that they are looking for, please let me know. I will try to come up with some. :) I can also do names, letters, shapes, etc on them in the blocks. Either embroidered, quilted, or appliqued.

Here is a quilt I made several years ago along with a matching flannel top sheet/carry along blanket. I have more of this adorable plaid flannel as well. The top of the quilt is all minky.



The Amazon link has gotten a few hits and so far we have made about $1.50 from it. It is not a spectacular amount but I am raising God for every penny! I am so thankful to every single person that has taken the time to shop through our link. I am hoping that those who shop there for Cyber Monday will use our link as well. We went through the house and scraped up every bit of loose change into a coffee can to go in the fund. I have a table in my studio that is for the ever growing pile of stuff to sell/auction.

While most families fundraise at the end, we will have the money to finish up. We just need this start up money to get us going so that we don't have to wait until March to start the process. Let's not make this sweet child wait any longer than they have to! Thank you!!